TG4 Connacht Ladies Football IFC
Roscommon Ladies footballers were expected to win this game comfortably and that’s what transpired at the St. Mary’s GAA grounds in Carrick-on-Shannon. Now Michael Finneran’s team will take on Sligo in the Connacht final in a repeat of last year’s decider. Three goals in the first five minutes were key for Roscommon who led at half-time by 4-5 to 2-2.
Jenny Higgins grabbed two of those early goals with Laura Fleming getting the third. Rebecca Finan added to Roscommon’s goal tally before the break. Then Alanna Hanmore and Aimee O’Connor added further Roscommon goals in the second half as the visitors emptied their bench. Natalie McHugh made a welcome return to the team - playing the first half – following a long-term injury.
Roscommon: H Cummins; H Ennis, A McLoone, M Kelly; S Bruen, T Murtagh, A Kelly; S Kenny (0-1), J Higgins (2-3); S Tully, A Hanmore (1-1), N McHugh; R Finan (1-3), L Fleming (1-2), R Fitzmaurice (0-2). Subs: S Glennon (0-1) for McHugh, A O’Connor (1-0) for Finan, R Brady for Murtagh, L Brady for Glennon, K Daly for Fleming.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Father's Day Competition https://www.facebook.com/165747370268228/photos/pb.165747370268228.-2207520000.1560343099./1298902910285996/?type=3&theater
- GAA in u-turn on Runnabracken
- Fitzmaurice set to take the chair!
- Very successful 60th anniversary celebrations for Roscommon Gaels
- Death of former Roscommon footballer