Roscommon and Kildare ended honours even in a high-scoring challenge game played to celebrate the centenary of the Robertstown GAA Club in Co. Kildare on Tuesday night. First half goals for Cian McKeon (penalty) in the 8th minute, and Niall Kilroy in the 31st minute saw Roscommon lead by 2-6 to 0-9 at half-time.
Roscommon manager Anthony Cunningham made a raft of changes at half-time and also throughout the second half as he looked at his options a month before the championship game against Leitrim. There was little between the teams in the second half and further Roscommon goals came from Caoileann Fitzmaurice and Enda Smith. Paddy Brophy scored two late goals for the Lilywhites.
Roscommon: Darren O’Malley; David Murray, Sean Mullooly, David Neary; John McManus, Conor Hussey, Ronan Daly; Tadgh O’Rourke, Niall Daly; Hubert Darcy, Ultan Harney, Henry Walsh; Andrew Glennon, Cian McKeon, Niall Kilroy. Subs used: Colm Lavin, Evan McGrath, Gary Patterson, Brian Stack, Padraig Scott, Caoileann Fitzmaurice, Aengus Lyons, Shane Killoran, Donie Smith, Ciaran Lennon, Colin Compton.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Father's Day Competition https://www.facebook.com/165747370268228/photos/pb.165747370268228.-2207520000.1560343099./1298902910285996/?type=3&theater
- GAA in u-turn on Runnabracken
- Fitzmaurice set to take the chair!
- Very successful 60th anniversary celebrations for Roscommon Gaels
- Death of former Roscommon footballer