Fianna Fáil TD for Roscommon/Galway Eugene Murphy has welcomed the fact that improvement works have been carried out at Scramogue Cross. He says this is as a result of his continued efforts to highlight the need for upgrading works on the N5.
Deputy Murphy recently raised the matter with the Minister for Transport Shane Ross as numerous accidents have occurred along this stretch of road from Tarmonbarry to Ballaghaderreen.
“I am delighted to see that recent improvement works have been carried out at Scramogue Cross and a number of signs have been replaced and repositioned which will help to improve visibility lines.
“I will continue to work with the Local Authority in a bid to have a collision history of Scramogue Cross carried out as this will be necessary to prepare costings, feasibility study, etc., for road safety improvements at this location,” concluded Deputy Murphy.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Naughten confirms superfast broadband for local housing estates
- Fitzmaurice to campaign for Group Water Scheme ‘victims’
- Cabinet to discuss Athlone boundary proposals
- Concern as some locals waiting up to four months for driving tests
- Roscommon Hospital Theatre overlooked as Galway surgeries cancelled