A 54-year-old Donegal man is due to appear at Harristown District Court in Castlerea tomorrow (Friday) charged with violent disorder relating to an incident at a farmhouse at Falsk, Strokestown on December 16th. PJ Sweeney, with an address at High Cairn, Ramelton, Co. Donegal, appeared before a special sitting of Castlerea district court last Saturday. Evidence of arrest, charge and caution was presented at a special sitting of Roscommon District Court to Judge Deirdre Gearty by Sgt. Maura McGarry from Boyle Garda Station.
After a short hearing, Judge Gearty refused an application for bail and remanded Mr. Sweeney in custody to appear at a sitting of the District Court in Castlerea on Friday.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Father's Day Competition https://www.facebook.com/165747370268228/photos/pb.165747370268228.-2207520000.1560343099./1298902910285996/?type=3&theater
- GAA in u-turn on Runnabracken
- Fitzmaurice set to take the chair!
- Very successful 60th anniversary celebrations for Roscommon Gaels
- Death of former Roscommon footballer