Roscommon Hospital Action Committee has welcomed the extended opening hours at the Medical Assessment Unit of Roscommon Hospital announced this week.
“This is a move that the Hospital Action Committee have been fighting for and one of the issues raised by the HAC at its meeting with the Health Minister eighteen months ago, following up by letters to the Minister” stated Cllr. Valerie Byrne.
“While the addition of these services does not replace the loss of the 24/7 Accident and Emergency Department we welcome all additional and expanded services at the Hospital. We continue to urge people to familiarise themselves with all the services available at the Hospital and use them.”
Cllr. Byrne added: “The Hospital Action Committee are also pushing for the construction of the rehabilitation unit which we believe will be a benefit to the overall service at the hospital. This continues to be our focus and we will continue to fight for all services at the hospital.”
Latest from Paul Healy
- Naughten confirms superfast broadband for local housing estates
- Fitzmaurice to campaign for Group Water Scheme ‘victims’
- Cabinet to discuss Athlone boundary proposals
- Concern as some locals waiting up to four months for driving tests
- Roscommon Hospital Theatre overlooked as Galway surgeries cancelled