Glinsk GAA is to be reimbursed for damage caused to its pitch last weekend. The playing surface suffered significant damage on Saturday night with a number of tyre marks visible on the pitch on Sunday morning.
Damage to the pitch was assessed by the club committee earlier this week and the facility was expected to remain closed while repairs are being carried out. Creggs Rugby Football Club as well as Creggs GAA and Williamstown GAA have offered Glinsk GAA the use of its facilities in the meantime.
The vandalism was roundly condemned by the club and by local public representatives. On Monday, Glinsk GAA Club confirmed that following an appeal on social media and local radio the matter has been brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
The club took to social media to confirm that it would be reimbursed for the damage and that it was happy the matter was over and wished to move on with the repair work.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Father's Day Competition https://www.facebook.com/165747370268228/photos/pb.165747370268228.-2207520000.1560343099./1298902910285996/?type=3&theater
- GAA in u-turn on Runnabracken
- Fitzmaurice set to take the chair!
- Very successful 60th anniversary celebrations for Roscommon Gaels
- Death of former Roscommon footballer