Fianna Fáil TD Eugene Murphy has made a fresh appeal to the CEO of Roscommon County Council to reopen Castlerea Fire Station following a series of gorse fires in West Roscommon recently.
“A considerable amount of forestry has been destroyed in gorse fires in the Castlerea and Frenchpark area in recent weeks. It is imperative that the CEO of Roscommon County Council resolves this issue once and for all and reopens Castlerea Fire Station,” said Deputy Murphy.
The Fianna Fáil TD, who acted as a mediator in the ongoing dispute, has completed his round of talks with both sides and is now calling on Eugene Cummins, CEO of Roscommon County Council, to act as a matter of urgency to reopen Castlerea Fire Station.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Naughten confirms superfast broadband for local housing estates
- Fitzmaurice to campaign for Group Water Scheme ‘victims’
- Cabinet to discuss Athlone boundary proposals
- Concern as some locals waiting up to four months for driving tests
- Roscommon Hospital Theatre overlooked as Galway surgeries cancelled