You may know him as the Motoring Editor of the Irish Independent but there’s another side to Eddie Cunningham.
He has just written a collection of 20 short stories. Called ‘Letters In The Sky And Other Stories,’ they are described as original, engrossing and unusual in that they pick the lock of the bizarre and the everyday.
With Eddie’s stories nothing is as it seems; much is left to your imagination. They can be provocative, dark, warm and entertaining. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself re-reading them several times.
A native of Clara, Co. Offaly, Eddie is former Senior Deputy Editor of the Irish Independent, lives in Dublin and has four daughters. There was a strong family involvement in bringing the collection to fruition. Eddie’s daughter, Emily, acted as Editor while his brother PJ’s company Ballpoint Press published them.
Eddie says: “I’m delighted to be the author of a book that was edited by my daughter and published by my brother. It doesn’t happen every day.”
‘Letters In The Sky And Other Stories’ by Eddie Cunningham is published by Ballpoint Press Ltd (€14.99) and is available in all good bookshops.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Father's Day Competition https://www.facebook.com/165747370268228/photos/pb.165747370268228.-2207520000.1560343099./1298902910285996/?type=3&theater
- GAA in u-turn on Runnabracken
- Fitzmaurice set to take the chair!
- Very successful 60th anniversary celebrations for Roscommon Gaels
- Death of former Roscommon footballer