Dubbed ‘The Electric Picnic of the West’, The Secret Village Festival is set to bring the woods on the edge of Ballaghaderreen to life on Friday, 11th and Saturday, August 12th.
Since it began four years ago, The Secret Village has remained in the top five recommended festivals in Ireland.
Hidden in the woodlands at the back of Spells Bar, entering the site is like going through a magic door taking you into another world, it could be Sherwood Forest or the wooded hills outside Budapest!
The three stages will host 55 bands filling the Ballaghaderreen air with an eclectic mix of trad, folk, bluegrass, Americana, blues, soul, jazz, funk, dance and good old rock ‘n’ roll over the two days.
As well as live bands, West African drumming workshops, arts, crafts and ancient trades will be on display around every corner. The art of storytelling, a playground with games and activities to challenge the mind will keep the children busy.
Tickets are still available online at Tickets.ie (also at Ticket.ie agents – SuperValu, etc.). Earlybird and weekend camping tickets are now sold out but some weekend tickets and days tickets are still available.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Naughten confirms superfast broadband for local housing estates
- Fitzmaurice to campaign for Group Water Scheme ‘victims’
- Cabinet to discuss Athlone boundary proposals
- Concern as some locals waiting up to four months for driving tests
- Roscommon Hospital Theatre overlooked as Galway surgeries cancelled