Celebrate Fatherís Day in style at Athlone Towncentre
For great Fatherís Day gift and ideas, why not pop along to the Athlone Towncentre shopping centre, which will provide inspiration for that perfect present for your Dad!
As the midlands largest shopping centre with over 60 top retail brands, Athlone Towncentre is the ideal place to find the perfect gift for the special man in your life.
Located in the heart of Athlone, its unique design lets shoppers enjoy all the atmosphere of street boutique providing shopping without the unpredictability of the Irish weather.
With brands including M&S, Zara, H&M, River Island, Next, Eason and many more, Athlone Towncentre has something to cater for everybody and every occasion.
To celebrate Fatherís Day in style this Sunday, Athlone Towncentre will have a free activity zone which will include foosball tables, air hockey tables, giant games, jenga and Connect 4!
For any further information on Athlone Towncentre, contact 090-6484387, email email@example.com or log onto www.athlonetowncentre.com
Famous Fathers around the world!
As grateful sons and daughters across the country should know only too well, June 17th is Fatherís Day, a day to honour the perennially grumpy, DIY obsessed, eternally lawn mowing head of your household. And so, to celebrate Fatherís Day, the Roscommon People is proud to present their top 10 celebrity Dadís!
10. David Hasselhoff - In a role reversal of the traditional father/child axis, it was Hoffís daughters Hayley and Taylor-Ann leaping to the defence of their father after they posted a video of a drunken ďKing of the InternetĒ online in a bid to shock the Baywatch and Knight Rider star back into sobriety.
9. Richard Hammond - The Hamsterís high speed horror crash in September 2006 goteveryoneís attention. Online interest in his recovery, in which he was ably supported by wife Amanda and his two young daughters Isabella and Willow, kept him among the most well-known TV Dad personalities.
8. Andrew Flintoff - Rachel Flintoff, wife of Englandís talismanic all-rounder, was reported to have exclaimed ďyou stupid buggerĒ in resigned tones after Freddieís drunken pedalo expedition was revealed during the Cricket World Cup. The incident certainly didnít set the best example for his daughter Holly and son Corey.
7. Peter Andre - Katie Priceís hubby hit the headlines after being diagnosed with meningitis in April 2007 and interest in the Aussie pop star soared amid false internet rumours that he had died. Andre and Price had their first child Junior Savva Andreas back in 2005 who joined Harvey, Priceís son from her relationship with smiley Sunderland footie star Dwight Yorke.
6. Sir Paul McCartney - The oldest dad on our chart, Macca will reach the pensionable age of 65 on June 18. The former Beatle has three children from his first marriage and his most famous daughter Stella McCartney remains one of Britainís most famous fashion designers. Despite his status as a true musical icon, Maccaís continued popularity is down to public interest in his endlessly acrimonious divorce from Heather Mills.
5. Tom Cruise - Scientology, couch jumping, a huge celebrity wedding and a high profile break-up with Paramount Pictures all served to keep Tom Cruise among the headlines the last few years. His daughter, Suri Cruise, became a budding star in her own right after Tom and wife Katie Holmes shunned the media after Suriís birth and unfounded conspiracy theories about the child abounded.
4. Eminem - Marshall Mathersí family life is not only widely known by the public but has also formed the basis for the lyrical content of some of the rapperís most controversial songs. He divorced wife Kimberley Scott for a second time in December 2006 and, according to Kimberley herself, has limited contact with his daughter Hailie.
3. Johnny Depp - Although he has been romantically linked with Winona Ryder and Kate Moss over the course of his career, the Finding Neverland star has been in a relationship with French pop star Vanessa Paradis since 1998. The pair are set to wed in France this summer and have a daughter Lily-Rose Melody Depp together.
2. Brad Pitt - Brad tied the knot with Angelina Jolie back in 2005 and the coupleís first child Shiloh Nouvel Jolie Pitt was born in Namibia on May 27th last year. The couple also have three adopted children Maddox, Pax Thien and Zahara Marley.
1. David Beckham - Cultural icon, world famous footballer and Americaís new soccerball missionary, itís amazing that Goldenballs and his other half Victoria Beckham have found the time to have three sons. Their first child Brooklyn was born in 1999 and was joined by Romeo and Cruz in 2002 and 2005 respectively.
Special Fatherís Day gift awaits you at Texas
With Fatherís Day just around the corner, now is the time to get yourself down to Taxes Department Store, Centre Point Retail Park, Roscommon, where the perfect Fatherís Day gift awaits you!
To celebrate this special day, Texas are promoting a range of eye-catching offers on many of their products, including a massive 20% sale on menswear!
They are also offering great discounts on other popular products such as selective aftershaves, including the ĎHommeí range from David Beckham.
They are also offering fantastic value on LíOreal Men Expert Skin Care products and Gillette Shave Packs with up to 33% off!
Why not create your very own personalised gift hamper just for your Dad? Whatever you desire, the friendly staff at Texas will help you find the perfect gift to wow the special man in your life this Sunday.
For further information on any of the fantastic offers which Texas Department Store are currently offering, contact 090-6637682.
Fabulous Fatherís Day menu options with Reganís
Treat the special man in your life this Fatherís Day and bring him to Reganís Bar and Restaurant, The Square, Roscommon, who are offering a special Fatherís Day menu for the occasion.
Enjoy a sumptuous home-cooked meal with your Dad in the perfect surroundings in Reganís, who will go that extra mile to ensure the complete dining experience this Sunday 17th June.
Reganís are also currently promoting an eye-catching Euro 2012 match day promotions which will see all draught pints only Ä3 for the duration of the Ireland games when the boys in green score!
There will also be a host of entertainment this weekend with DJ Mark playing on Saturday night 16th June and live music at the venue on Sunday 17th June.
For further information or to make a booking today, contact Shane on 086-1988013 or 090-6625339.
Unique GAA range ideal gift for Fatherís Day
Looking for a Fatherís Day gift with a difference? Why not treat him a fabulous piece of GAA jewellery from the new collection which is now available at MJ Farrellís Jewellers, Church Street, Roscommon.
If youíre a dedicated GAA supported then you will be delighted to know that MJ Farrell Jewellers, Roscommon, are now stocking a new jewellery collection launched by recently by some of the house-hold names of the GAA.
The ĎLove Your Countyí branded jewellery for male and female fans includes miniature county jersey charms, Sam Maguire and Liam McCarthy cup charms as well as county cufflinks and dog tags.
Also included in the range are wrist and neck charms , sporting leather bracelets for bracelets and pendants, leather wristwear, and rings. It is the first ever official GAA county range of jewellery and is timed ahead of the championship season.
The unique pieces are now available through top jewellery retailers nation-wide and online, with a percentage of sales going back into county teamís under a licensing arrangement with the GAA
You can get your hands on these fantastic items through MJ Farrellís, Church Street, Roscommon, who will be stocking their new GAA range.
For any further information, contact M.J. Farrell Jewllers, Roscommon, Church Street, Roscommon. Tel: (090) 66 26318.
Paintball Ė a Fatherís Day with a difference
Treat dad to the best Fatherís Day gift ever Ė Paintball! Thereís no better way to celebrate your bond with your father than playing paintball at Battlebridge Paintball, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Roscommon.
Battlebridge Paintball is a superb location for you and your Dad to go and enjoy a fun day out through an ultimate outdoor adventure experience.
The sport of paintball is played worldwide by men and women of all ages and in 15 short years has become recognised as one of the worldís most exciting outdoor persuits.
Battlebridge Paintballís custom-built gamezones provide a superior gaming experience to all other facilities in Ireland and their army/outdoor adventure knowledge ensures we stay second to none in terms of military authenticity too.
As well as Fatherís Day packages, Battlebridge Paintball also offer groups discounts on all stag and hen and birthday parties, corporate, college and club days and events with rates now only Ä25 per person.
So why waste anymore time? To make a booking today contact Battlebridge Paintball, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Roscommon, on 086-1664959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue dated: 15 June 2012
© Roscommon People