The 10th annual Aurivo Milk Quality Awards recognised the standard of excellence in dairy farming by Aurivo suppliers in the region. The Awards highlight the dedication and commitment of Aurivo milk suppliers for their milk production in 2016.
Strokestown farmer, Ger Brennan was acknowledged for his contribution to dairy farming excellence at the Awards ceremony held at the Radisson Hotel Sligo. He received the award for the lowest annual average Somatic Cell Count (SCC).
Ger is a third generation farmer and converted to dairy farming in 2011. Since then Ger and his father Mel have milked 75 Holstein Frisian cows on their 24-hectare farm. Ger is committed to quality when it comes to milk and is an advocate of developing his farm and livelihood where possible.
Latest from Paul Healy
- Naughten confirms superfast broadband for local housing estates
- Fitzmaurice to campaign for Group Water Scheme ‘victims’
- Cabinet to discuss Athlone boundary proposals
- Concern as some locals waiting up to four months for driving tests
- Roscommon Hospital Theatre overlooked as Galway surgeries cancelled